Thursday

poetry

SONNET OF THE SWEET COMPLAINT
Never let me lose the marvel
of your statue-like eyes, or the accent
the solitary rose of your breath
places on my cheek at night.

I am afraid of being, on this shore,
a branchless trunk, and what I most regret
is having no flower, pulp, or clay
for the worm of my despair.

If you are my hidden treasure,
if you are my cross, my dampened pain,
if I am a dog, and you alone my master,

never let me lose what I have gained,
and adorn the branches of your river
with leaves of my estranged Autumn.

Federico GarcĂ­a Lorca


*because what i truly believe is that poetry is much more than a way for writing about love. it's the way for singing (even in the saddest mood) about every little thing, that is why i like so much all those poems that speak about creepy stuffs, about worms, rats, bats, ghosts, decaying bodies and all kind of animals.
**like that sabato's poem that we like so much, and starts saying: "Oh dioses de la noche, oh dioses de las tinieblas..." (you know the rest of it)

No comments: